Ongoing

YouTube average view duration - How to increase the audience retention for your video | Sv 172

 Hello everybody,

In this blog post, I'm sharing my vlog on how to increase the average view duration of your YouTube videos. There were three things that I did to increase the average view duration namely cutting down my intro and outtro and doing lots of jumpcuts to make sure that the story would move forward quickly.

I normally go by the general rule of not having a scene stays for more than 3 seconds and the rule seemed to have improved my audience retention. Before implementing these measures I would have a poor 10 to 20 percent audience retention, but once I started to implement all these measures then my audience retention have gone up to be around the 20 to 30 percent average view duration mark. I also have a few videos that have gone past the 50 percent mark.

Anyway here's the video if you guys would like to have a look..


Alright guys, that's all for my blog post this time around. Don't forget to like, to comment and to subscribe to my YouTube channel here.


2 comments: